New family farm

trafficgal

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 19, 2014
We recently bought a 38 acre farm and we are getting our first farm animals on Wednesday! 11 chicks, 5 austrlope and 6 barred rock (only keeping 5 one will be gifted to our hen loving neighbor who is teaching me lots! She mentioned she always wanted a barred rock so I figured I'd get an extra!)
We moved from the city so we have much to learn!
As for our other farm plans we have a parrot (been around before the farm, ps I'm worries about protecting him from any possible chicken diseases) a puppy (who still needs to learn leave it so will be separate from chicks for now)and 3 kids (ages 4.5 boy 4.5 girl and 1 year old boy)

We are planting an extra large garden this year, plan to get goats in a few months and horses next year (I'm a horseback riding instructor by trade) my eventual goal is to have an educational center with classes and programs for adults and children but that's down the road first this city girl needs to learn the ropes!!!

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

BYC has a very useful learning center
caf.gif

images

Welcome to BYC!

Sounds like you have a wonderful farm and some great plans for the future! No doubt, lots of people will benefit greatly from your endeavors. You will love your Australorps! Very docile and friendly birds. They are great layers of brown eggs and are quite hardy over all.

Good luck with all your projects. Make yourself at home here on BYC and welcome to our flock!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Congratulations on your new farm, and good luck with all your projects, sounds like you will have a busy year!

Back
Top Bottom