New Feature - Private Message Select: All , None

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Nifty-Chicken, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Thanks to the contributions of the Golden Feather Members we've started to plow through some of the top requests made by our wonderful BYC community on how to improve their BYC experience.

One of the biggest requests we see, is for the ability to Select / Deselect all the check boxes within the Delete page in the Private Message system. For those of you that don't know, when you are in your inbox, look to the bottom left of the screen for "Delete multiple messages"... it will take you here.

For you popular peeps, checking 50 boxes can be a big pain in the mouse. [​IMG]

So, we've heard you and have allocated some resources to what is hopefully a great solution to the problem! Please check out the new feature here

Thanks to those that suggested the fix and to the Golden Feather Members for helping to make this fix possible!

[​IMG]

2. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Now I can delete all those PM's all at once and avoid having to do the delete multiple ? WOW, that is great. All I need now is a lot of PM's to delete !!
    Nice Job, it really was needed, especially when you check off the wrong people and want to just start over.

4. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Oh, sweet! People have been wanting this feature for a while, including me. [​IMG]

5. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    Who asked for this feature??? [​IMG]

(Ok, I only did it a few times!)

THANKS!!!!!! [​IMG]

6. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    Oh thank god for that.

7. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Oh yeah, I see me doing that and deleting everything I want to keep! LOL,, just like I did on my school email recently when they added that feature. Good idea though, for the smarter ones, not me!

8. Buster

Buster Back to Work

A feature that would have been useful YESTERDAY AFTERNOON! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Quote:Really sorry about that buddy! I guess we could start a "PM BUSTER NOW" thread to fill it back up? [​IMG]

10. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:Really sorry about that buddy! I guess we could start a "PM BUSTER NOW" thread to fill it back up? [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Then I could try out the new feature and let you know how it worked for me. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by