New Feature Suggestion

Devyn Nagy

Crowing
Jun 2, 2020
Michigan, USA
I have an idea that I think would make a cool feature in BYC. That would be the ability to be able to make a group of threads and have people be able to get notifications when a thread is posted in the group. For example, I'm thinking of the Caption Contests, or @casportpony's Question of the Day over in Random Ramblings. Or maybe someone wants to make progress posts about their egg hatch or something. The ability to keep all those posts contained in a group, and to be able to get notified when a new thread is posted in the group would be handy, rather than having them all floating around in a forum topic. It would also eliminate the ridiculously long tag lists in, for example, the Caption Contests.
Anyway, I think it's a cool idea. ;)

I have an idea that I think would make a cool feature in BYC. That would be the ability to be able to make a group of threads and have people be able to get notifications when a thread is posted in the group. For example, I'm thinking of the Caption Contests, or @casportpony's Question of the Day over in Random Ramblings. Or maybe someone wants to make progress posts about their egg hatch or something. The ability to keep all those posts contained in a group, and to be able to get notified when a new thread is posted in the group would be handy, rather than having them all floating around in a forum topic. It would also eliminate the ridiculously long tag lists in, for example, the Caption Contests.
Anyway, I think it's a cool idea. ;)
Are you aware that you can click to watch a thread and that thread gets added to your watched threads list?

You can also watch a whole "section" and get alerts every time a new thread is started!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/official-byc-contests-etc.15879/watch

Back
Top Bottom