New flock in Ontario!

williamstroost

Hatching
May 14, 2015
Hi all!
Happy to found such a wonderful resource for my new flock.. I grew up on a farm but having had chickens in 10 years.. BYC has been my go to during all my prep and now that my girls are here I figured id better join! We have 9 pullets, 6 hybrid brown layers and 3 fancy ladies (2 Ameraucana, and one 'olive egger' ) and we are already getting beautiful eggs.. I'm officially hooked on chickens!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Congratulations on your new flock :celebrate You have a lovely egg basket there with lots of wonderful colours. Great to hear you have found BYC so helpful for your preperations into chicken keeping. Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly. Wishing you the very best of luck with your flock in the future.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. You have a beautiful and colorful egg basket. Have you considered adding a chocolate egg layer to your flock such as a Maran, Welsummer, or Barnevelder. That's about the only color missing from your egg basket. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Congrats on your flock! Sounds like you have a nice flock. Those are LOVELY eggs! Ameraucanas and Olive Eggers lay such beautiful eggs!

Micheal you read my mind! I would love a chocolate layer.. And possibly a white layer too.. Just to complete the spectrum! However we are just coming out of a week(hence my late responses to the warm welcomes!!) or so of adjustment with all the ladies now sharing the same run and coop.. It was a little hairy(feathery?!) but there finally seems to be peace in the backyard and lots of laying.. So will not be adding anymore for now.. No matter how gorgeous
1f601.png

Next challenge is introducing free range time.. But I'm a bit nervous about that!!

Back
Top Bottom