New flock not laying!

ChandlerChick

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 22, 2014
Chandler Oklahoma
I'm am a new flock owner ( only about 2 weeks ) I bought a Cinnamon Queen first and then last week 2 RIR'S. Maybel ( the CQ ) was laying eggs for me but now has stopped since the RIR'S came ( Lucy and Hennah )~and these girls have not layed since I got them. We have a nest for them and are feeding them quality crumble feed--I also give them laying pellets and corn. the CQ is 9 months old and the RIR'S are 11 months. They were laying until I took them. What am I doing wrong??!!

You might leave the corn off, unless it is just small quantities as a treat or to train them. But probably it's just the shakeup of the move. Chickens don't tolerate change well, and being new to each other is two changes. It is even possible that the shakeup will precipitate a molt -- I hope not. Also, since this is a new place, if there is anywhere they can hide eggs, they quite possibly will. Here's an excellent post on all the various causes:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/423023/why-arent-my-chickens-laying-here-are-your-answers/0_20

Someone just laid an egg so I guess they are settling down. Thanks for all y'all's advice and links to some more answers. I'm grateful for all advice being such a newbie :D

Well, I have Queenie, Gertie, Henrietta, Lila and Daisy. So...yes.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom