New forum member

ill_switch

Hatching
9 Years
Jun 9, 2010
Hello all,

New member here. I have more or less zero experience with chickens. Grew up in "farm country" though, so I remember going to the neighbor's to get eggs from their chickens when I was little. And, the house I grew up in was actually an ex-chicken farm, so there were lots of old relics around (old posters, etc.) At any rate, the wife and I are always looking for interesting and rewarding projects/hobbies we can involve our young kids in (<1, 3, and 5 years old), and the subject of chickens has come up a few times lately, so I'm officially "chicken curious" and here to learn. I have a lot of newbie questions, so I'm sure you'll all get sick of me soon enough. Just taking the opportunity to say "hi" first!

welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif
from North Dakota! My son's are 2 and 4. They love our 15, 1 month old chicks! This morning my youngest son woke up and saw me standing by the brooder and said "are holding chicks? I want to hold chick!" not good morning, hi mom, nothing just chicks, chicks, chicks. Your kids will love them.

Back
Top Bottom