New from Alberta, Canada

primalchick

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 1, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Just wanted to introduce myself! I'm 28 years old and live in Alberta, Canada. I just ordered our first baby chicks! My hubby grew up with laying hens and Red Stars were his favorite, and he said were easy to start with since I haven't had chickens before, so we went with those. We live in a tiny hamlet right now (under 200 people) and go by county laws, and we are okay to have backyard chickens. We both grew up on small hobby farms though and miss the acreage life, so this spring we are hoping to buy our own acreage! I also own 2 Arabian horses that I keep at my in-laws farm, as well as a little dog (Bichon Frise/Shih Tzu) who we adore!

My other interests include horses and endurance riding (I am also an equine massage therapist), health/nutrition/fitness, gardening, reading, and basically all animals and the hobby farm lifestyle. I'm very excited to have our laying hens and want to learn as much as possible about raising chicks and having happy, healthy chickens. Once we are on our acreage I am hoping to get some broilers for meat as well.

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom