New from Arizona

AnotherKim

Songster
10 Years
May 23, 2012
Hi. The name is Kim, and I;m from Arizona. I am completely new to chickens. I don't have any yet. I'm still in the planning/convincing my husband that we need chickens phase. I'm thinking of waiting until October and buying from a 4Her at the State Fair. Right now I'm researching the different breeds. I really like Silkies. This is an urban homestead, so I have to keep things small, and a little on the quiet side ;)

The hubby and I have 6 six kids, ages 8 - 23. We also have a 6 m/o grandson. We have three dogs, who will be fenced away from the chickens. I'm opening a home daycare. What else? Oh, I do a lot of artsy/craftsy stuff. Lately I've been turning Thrift store furniture into play refridgerators and stoves for the daycare. And , just to freak out the Old Timers on here,I think I'll make my chicken coop look like an old gypsy wagon, lol. Yes. I have a weird sense of humor, too.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

frow.gif

Welcome to BYC!!

Do use the link that Gallo posted and come say hello on the AZ thread. Lots of good people, I think you will like it. A gypsy wagon is great!! I think I have seen one somewhere.....it was online. If I can remember where it was, I will send you a link for inspiration!!

Back
Top Bottom