New from Australia!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by emilylea5, Dec 18, 2012.

1. emilylea5

emilylea5 New Egg

Dec 18, 2012
    Victoria, Australia
    Hi everyone! I've just signed up, though I have been using this site as a reference since I got my first chooks a couple months ago. Any google search I did, often lead me to this site. So I thought I might as well join up Because it has been so helpful!
    So! My name is Emily and I have 5 Isa Brown ladies. They are such wonderful birds! I'd get more, but we have enough trouble keeping up with the eggs! My girls free range on our 5 acres with our two dogs, German shepherd and Great Dane. One of the chickens is quite smitten with the shepherd and will follow him around everywhere. She is an odd ball of a bird. She is the odd one out of the 5, slightly darker than the others and a bit smaller. My three year old son named her Buzz lol. But he makes up for her small size by producing the biggest eggs, never an egg under 60g. Clever girl! And almost always a double yolker!
    So yeah, I guess she is my favourite! Haha.
    Anyway! I'm rambling! Thanks again for having me here!

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

3. dawgpaws

dawgpaws Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2011
    Mississippi
    Hello!

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello, Emily, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined us! Your chickens sound wonderful and happy! Good luck to you and enjoy BYC!!

5. Sally8

Sally8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2011
    Hornby,NY
    :D. Welcome from New York State. You're right about this sight. There is so much information. Glad you joined us!

6. thehappyeggs

thehappyeggs New Egg

Dec 18, 2012
    Melbourne - Australia
    5 Acres, you lucky thing! our 5 girls are limited to the back yard. How far from metro are you living?

7. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

8. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

9. Crafty-Duck

Crafty-Duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    Lucky Duck Pond
    [​IMG]
    This is a great site! Glad you joined[​IMG]

10. emilylea5

emilylea5 New Egg

Dec 18, 2012
    Victoria, Australia
    Awww thanks everyone for your welcomes!!!
    Out little town has a population of 60! Lol!!! The next closest town has a population of 12,000, and we are about 3.5 hours away from Melbourne. So we have a nice little area! I did have the girls free ranging in a small fenced off area out the back, about 100m squared area, but they just kept getting out lol. So rather than keep patching up holes in the fences an clipping their wings (I want them to be able to make a quick escape should a fox show up) I just decided to let them have the run of the place. They don't stray far from the house, and always come when called. They are so much happier wandering around searching for food in every hole or tuff of grass. I'll have to work out how to upload photos from my phone.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by