New from Australia!

emilylea5

Hatching
7 Years
Dec 18, 2012
Victoria, Australia
Hi everyone! I've just signed up, though I have been using this site as a reference since I got my first chooks a couple months ago. Any google search I did, often lead me to this site. So I thought I might as well join up Because it has been so helpful!
So! My name is Emily and I have 5 Isa Brown ladies. They are such wonderful birds! I'd get more, but we have enough trouble keeping up with the eggs! My girls free range on our 5 acres with our two dogs, German shepherd and Great Dane. One of the chickens is quite smitten with the shepherd and will follow him around everywhere. She is an odd ball of a bird. She is the odd one out of the 5, slightly darker than the others and a bit smaller. My three year old son named her Buzz lol. But he makes up for her small size by producing the biggest eggs, never an egg under 60g. Clever girl! And almost always a double yolker!
So yeah, I guess she is my favourite! Haha.
Anyway! I'm rambling! Thanks again for having me here!

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Awww thanks everyone for your welcomes!!!
Out little town has a population of 60! Lol!!! The next closest town has a population of 12,000, and we are about 3.5 hours away from Melbourne. So we have a nice little area! I did have the girls free ranging in a small fenced off area out the back, about 100m squared area, but they just kept getting out lol. So rather than keep patching up holes in the fences an clipping their wings (I want them to be able to make a quick escape should a fox show up) I just decided to let them have the run of the place. They don't stray far from the house, and always come when called. They are so much happier wandering around searching for food in every hole or tuff of grass. I'll have to work out how to upload photos from my phone.

Back
Top Bottom