New from BC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by saucyaussies, Jul 3, 2016.

1. saucyaussies

saucyaussies Just Hatched

Jul 3, 2016
    Hi all!

I keep using the forum for reference and figured I should probably join so I can actually take part now and then.

I'm looking at getting chickens, I was hoping for this spring, but of course projects always take longer than planned. When I bought my house it had a little playhouse in teh front yard, not fancy but I'm planning on fencing it in and adapting it for a coop. It's up off the ground and I think will work nicely. The chickens will have a huge yard with grass to fully treed areas. Anyways, now it may not be till this spring, I'll see what I can find for available chickens once I actually get their area done. I need to string one line of fence and fix up the house and that's all that needs done. Hoping to find layers that have potential of fun coloured eggs...I'm such a child with fun coloured eggs! lol!

I'm mostly experienced with dogs and cats, I currently have five Australian Shepherds and we compete in everything from conformation (dog shows) to rally obedience, to herding (sheep and ducks) and agility. Turner is nearly 9, Cat is nearly 7, Porter is 6.5 and the baby girls Fleece and Pounce are 2.5yrs. It's a busy house! There are also two 5y/o siamese boys Bazinga and Zazzles and 18 y/o orange cat Flame.

And yesterday we added 3 goats - boer wethers Snap, Crackle and Pop. I have a bunch of land that needs cleared of brush, right now it's completely unusable because of how dense it is. They'll double as stock for Turner to do chores with as he's retired from trialing now and misses it.

[​IMG]
    Pop, the curly coated boy

[​IMG]

Cat, Fleece, Porter, Turner, Pounce

Anyways, that's us!

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! What a fabulous intro and I have loved looking at your pics! It sounds like you are very busy there with your dogs, cats and new goats. I guess you like "Big bang theory" with Bazinga and Zazzles ;) I named one of my yard cats Zazzles too. Wishing you the very best of luck getting your new chicken adventures started. Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help you along the way.

Enjoy BYC :frow

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to BYC. You might also like the "Canadians, check-in-here," thread

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. Beautiful dogs!

Good luck with your preparations for chickens. we are here to help.

Ct

5. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
  6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi and [​IMG] Your dogs are so pretty! And goats are so fun-- I really want to get one! Thanks for joining us! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by