New From Iowa!

and to help you keep all four of your chickens healthy, here is a list of articles and posts about chicken ailments, cures and first aid kits.

BYC Lists of Chicken Ailments and Cures

Here are some more articles:

1. Chicken ailments (an aging index to articles written over the years about chicken illnesses. Be aware that some of the links dont work and some of the authors have disappeared from BYC. The date of the index is 2012! Nothing else as comprehensive) and this updated

Chicken Illnesses Library

1 a. Treating Sour Crop and Impacted Crop and How to Tell the Difference and Prevention and Treatments of Crop Disorders

1 b. Chicken Poop

1 c. What to expect as your hen passes away from old age

1 d. Vaccinating chicks for Mareks Disease

2. Chicken First Aid Kit (again, an older article, but a good one; there have been a number of more recent posts discussing this here and here, for instance)

3. Things I wish I knew before I got my first chick (covers chicks to old age)

4. Maintaining a healthy coop (with lots of links)

5. Natural healing (there are items in this article that some members may disagree with, notably the use of diatomaceous earth)

Best wishes from New England!

and to help you keep all four of your chickens healthy, here is a list of articles and posts about chicken ailments, cures and first aid kits.

BYC Lists of Chicken Ailments and Cures

Here are some more articles:

1. Chicken ailments (an aging index to articles written over the years about chicken illnesses. Be aware that some of the links dont work and some of the authors have disappeared from BYC. The date of the index is 2012! Nothing else as comprehensive) and this updated

Chicken Illnesses Library

1 a. Treating Sour Crop and Impacted Crop and How to Tell the Difference and Prevention and Treatments of Crop Disorders

1 b. Chicken Poop

1 c. What to expect as your hen passes away from old age

1 d. Vaccinating chicks for Mareks Disease

2. Chicken First Aid Kit (again, an older article, but a good one; there have been a number of more recent posts discussing this here and here, for instance)

3. Things I wish I knew before I got my first chick (covers chicks to old age)

4. Maintaining a healthy coop (with lots of links)

5. Natural healing (there are items in this article that some members may disagree with, notably the use of diatomaceous earth)

Best wishes from New England!
Thank you very much for the welcome and the detailed information you have posted!

I do have other reasons why I couldn't have outdoor chickens, but eventually plan to have an outdoor when I may want to expand my flock for homesteading. For now, as I live more of a smaller life in a smaller area, I feel the need having indoor chickens would be a better overall option. I've weighed my choices and decided to pick one, rather than staying hesitant and indecisive.

Welcome to the coop! I use the Forums and Articles tabs at the top of the page to do research. You can get lost for hours. It's nice to know you are minutes away from getting help with questions and emergencies! I always check in the "What's New" section as well at the top of this page. This way I can read how I may have a similar question or help give some advice.

Back
Top Bottom