New from Maui

Welcome!!
frow.gif

I live on Oahu, but grew up on Maui.
smile.png
I too have fallen in love with chickens! Two of them are a standard Barred Rock and Rhode Island Red, the other nine are feral chickens that I have raised from babies. We have a lot of wild chickens running around in the back of our house. Once in a while a baby chick will get left behind in our yard. I had no idea that feral chickens could be so affectionate and sweet!! I love the adorable little ones.
love.gif

Glad you could join us!!

welcome-byc.gif
from the Finger Lakes of New York! Nuts? Do you know how many times I have had goats as a "house guest" for the night? Right now, we have two ducklings and some Silkie chicks in the spare bedroom!

thumbsup.gif

You all are the best! Thanks for your kind welcoming. And, greymane, I looked at your website and LOVE Lily....she's so sweet. My neighbor has goats across the gulch in the next pasture. Love them!! Is there a place on here that talks about chicken noises? I spend a lot of time watching and listening to the chickens and they have so much language. I wish I knew more about it.

Welcome from Maryland!

I'm new here too but have learned so much already and everyone has been so nice. I hope you like it as much as I do. And---I don't think you're nuts at all! I gave one of my girls a bath this weekend dried her with the blow drier. My co-workers think I'm nuts. They just don't understand!
smile.png

Quote:
If you find a place that talks about chicken noises let me know. I would love to learn more. I love to watch the mama hen talk to her babies. She tells them to "come and eat some of this!" "run and hide!" "come and get under my wings!" and of course "I love you all very much".
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom