New from San Jacinto CA

shamblintribe

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 29, 2014
Lake Isabella CA
Hi all! I my name is Jamie from San Jacinto in southern California. We are just starting our backyard flock. We have had chickens before, but on a much larger scale in the past. This time we will have a small group of ladies (5-6) that will join our family. We are a Christian Homeschooling family and thought this would be a perfect opportunity to teach responsibility and animal care skills to our children. I have to admit, I am so excited to once again have some chickens in my yard. We picked up only 4 last night, as we are rescuing 3 this weekend. I was up early this morning to go greet my ladies with some fresh greens and scratch. I can't wait to enjoy my coffee while sitting and listening to the murmuring of the "girls" as they start their day.

Good morning everyone!

images

Welcome to BYC!

Sounds like you are really enjoying your flock! They are great for the body mind and soul.

Enjoy this new adventure you are on and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for kids. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar, who is being home schooled by my daughter who was homeschooled by my wife and I) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock, and your children. :eek:)

I have a question... I currently live in Temecula where we are allowed 2 chickens. I will be moving to San Jacinto soon and everything I find online states no chickens.... has this changed?

Back
Top Bottom