New from Texas

Traxx

Hatching
Jan 24, 2015
Texas
Howdy y'all. I haven't gotten my chickens yet but am looking for info before I get some scratchers.
I remember having them as a kid and want to have the same for my younguns.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

You have come to the right place for all the fun and learning!

You will want to stop by our learning center for all kinds of good articles on getting started in chickens, building the coop, raising the chicks and keeping your adult flock happy, healthy and safe from predators...https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

As for breeds, if you are looking for some kid friendly breeds, Buff Orpingtons, Black Australorps, Plymouth Barred Rocks, Wyandottes and Silkes are all docile, friendly and great on the laying. My Australorps are so docile and affectionate. They just LOVE to lap sit and I can't sit anywhere without one wanting on my lap or follow me around where ever I go. Buff Orps will also be just as friendly. Buff Orps are super kid friendly.

Enjoy this new journey you are on and if you have any questions along the way, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined us!

I'd be sure to check out the Learning Center that Two Crows linked to. Also, feel free to ask any questions that you have! We're all here to help.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined.

Yes, I'd definitely take a look at the Learning Center! It has lots of information for new chicken keepers. And, if you can't find answers to your questions, just feel free to ask! We're all here to help in any way we can.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. Which area of Texas are you in? My wife and I were both raised in the great state of Texas. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Do you have any breed preference?

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom