New from upstate ny

savina99

Hatching
Mar 1, 2015
I always seem to find my self on this site. I do not currently have any girls but, dream of one day starting my own flock. Maybe if I finally register I will get the ball rolling and bravely embark on this adventure.

Hello and Welcome to BYC! We're glad to have another member to the growing poultry community! Feel free to ask any questions you may have, I'm sure you'll find answers to them here!
frow.gif

First off....
welcome-byc.gif
There are a lot of pros on this website that can help with anything including your future flock!
old.gif
. Glad you joined and I hope you get a lot of good answers. What type/breed of chickens are you going to keep? Buff orpingtons are my favorite! Make sure to try some ducks once your settled in. They are sooo fun to keep!

HAVE A GOOD DAY!
bun.gif

Welcome to BYC.
welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our community!

I hope you get some chickens someday! They are great animals to have.

Wow! Thank you for the welcome responses. The breeds I am interested in are; jersey giants, buff Orpington, wyandotte and Plymouth rocks. I have a 2 year old and need a more docile breed. That's part of the reason I am waiting. She is eye level with them and I fear she would get struck in the face. She is good with animals but, I do not want to chance it until she is a little taller and understands they are not toys.

Since your daughter is so young - you wouldn't want to have any roosters. Some docile breeds are cochins, buff orpingtons, salmon faverolles and silkies. they aren't the greatest layers but, they tend to be gentle breeds.
You can get them as 'bantam" (small) breeds also which I think may be a better match for your daughter than large fowl.

Back
Top Bottom