New from WNC

momof3babygirls

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 11, 2010
Zirconia
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We have had chickens for about 3 yrs now. We were given 3 old english game hens and 1 roo. Our son (1 yr at the time) named the roo Cluck. My 3 girls named the hens Silkie, Chocalate, & Red.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Now we have over 200 chickens.

(3) What breeds do you have?
We have Americana/Comet mix, Comet, RIR, Brown Leghorns, Mixed Standard breeds, Silkie bantams, Polish, Cochen, Du'clul (? spelling), Columbian Rocks

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
surfing the web

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Coupons

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
There are 6 of us in my family. My wonderful husband of 17 yrs. We have a 15 1/2 yr daughter who is home schooled, 4 yr girl, 3 yr girl, and our baby boy who is 2 1/2. We have a great perineses (? spelling), 3 cats, & over 200 chicks/ens.
Both my hubby and I work at GE lighting here in Hendersonville. Hubby is a volunteer fireman/ medic, and he is law enforcement in Bumbcomb County. I am with the auxillary where he is a fireman. We home school our 15 yr, she is in the 11th grade and will graduated next yr. No I'm not home schooling the 3 little ones. One at a time is hard, I can not/ will not do 3 and work. So hopefully they will attend the charter school here. I am the one who takes care of the chickens and babies. I also do coupons, and teach classes locally on how the use them.
Originally we got chickens to get rid of the ants and other bugs in the yard so the kids could play outside with out getting bit. Then we thought how about getting some standards so we don't have to buy eggs. Then it just ballooned from there.
Really nice to meet everyone, and look foward to learning more from the more experienced.
Vickie

welcome-byc.gif
from Washington

Wow 200 chickens. I'm impressed

Imp

Back
Top Bottom