New fuzzy butts coming!!

TamiHunter

Songster
10 Years
Oct 19, 2009
Saint Helens, Oregon
I have 26 new fuzzies coming to me from Murray McMurray on the 31st of this month! This will be my second time ordering from them. They have been wonderful! I'm so excited and wanted to share. I have 6 porcelains, 5 Millies, 5 silver seabrights, 4 red frizzle cochins and 5 white cochins! Let's not forget about the free rare chick that will be included! Wonder what it's gonna be?? Currently I raise Silkies so to have new breeds is gonna be so much fun! I ordered a new batch because I recently lost half my flock to what we think to be coyotes...
hit.gif
Question: how will these breeds do being raised together? I think as long as they are raised together they will be fine. Anyways, can't wait for my babies to get here and will post pics when they arrive!!

celebrate.gif
Congratulations on your new babies coming.
hit.gif
To losing half. I ordered from McMurray also. In July. We got 27 chicks. They all arrived great. Lost 1 to a snake the 1st week. And then in Oct we lost 12 to a stray dog. Broke into their coop. Know we have 12 eggs in the incubator. Good luck. And enjoy.
thumbsup.gif

Sorry for your loss
hit.gif
When I got my first batch my rare chick was a porcelain hen. We lost her due to a dog attack, I was devastated! She would run across the yard and fly up onto my shoulder. Such a great bird she was. She would also come into the office and sit on my lap with no care in the world...
love.gif
Good luck on your hatch!! Keep me posted! I love to hear and see new fuzzies come into the world!

Those chicks should get along just fine as they grow. I hope they arrive safe and well!!

Whooohooo!
jumpy.gif
My 100 assorted brown egg layers are scheduled to arrive the same day from McMurray's. We'll have to keep in touch and compare notes!!!
I also have 1 SLW roo in the shipment for my Mom's birthday.

This is my first mail order, and I am NERVOUS. I must have redesigned my brooder 6 times! (pics are on the brooder thread).

How will I know which one is the rare extra and which is the Roo?
idunno.gif
Do they mark them somehow? I am not at all sure about how to get them started, but you can betch yer tail feathers I am reading everything on BYC to find out!

yippiechickie.gif

yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
ARose4 Heaven, It's going to be tough telling which one will be the rare chick due to the assortment your getting. I guess you'll have to wait and see! I know about being nervous...this is my second time and it feels like the first!! Congrats!!! Just wait till you get them...it's such a good feeling to finally see and hear them for the first time!! Warm and fuzzy feeling!! Everything you ever wanted to know about raising babies will be on this forum...love this sight!!! I'm sure you'll do great! Yes, please keep me posted on your new arrivals and i'll do the same! Send me a message and we'll keep in touch that way as well!!

Been lurking in, around, and through BYC for almost 2 years now. I can't believe I haven't ordered mail order chicks before now! Always got them from Feed Store or friends. I never had to do the first day stuff that way. My DH has finally relented and let me put my brooder in the garage. That is a lot closer to the house and the wiring is safe. Not the case in the big drafty hen house. We'll watch and wait for our youngun's together. !!!! 16 days and counting....

Sounds like your on the right track for the new arrivals!! You'll do great! No worries! 15 days and counting....
BTW...I want them now!! Time is going so slow...ugh

Back
Top Bottom