New fuzzy butts

AZKat

Songster
10 Years
Apr 7, 2009
I went to the feedstore today, to get a bale of straw. They were out of straw, but they had chicks. Cute, fuzzy week old chicks. I was helpless. Their evil chick mind control powers were too much for me, and I bought five. Then I went home and set up my brooder, which now has 3 Easter Eggers (sold by the feedstore as Ameracunas), a Rhode Island Red and a Silver Laced Wyndotte.

That evil chick mind control is sooooo pervasive!! I was mind-controlled myself a few months ago; I had just hatched 11 chicks and went to the store to stock up on a few things... ARGH!!!! Two day old BR's ... sooooo cute. So I took home 6 little BR pullets to mingle with my one day old RIR 's. Chick mind control... who wooda thought?
lau.gif

Good lord, if "my" feed store had chicks today, I'd drive right there right now to get some for a New Year's gift to myself! They've told me they won't stock chicks until first week of February.

So what do I do? Yes, I surf from one online hatchery's website to another, calculating shipping costs for "small shipments" and/or wondering who might go into an order of 25 with me.....

Congratulations on your new FuzzyButts! And, Happy New Year to y'all, too!

Yep. It will be dangerous to go to the feed store for the new few months. The main feed store I use is going to starting getting chicks in Mid-Feb. I am anxiously waiting right now for them to finalize their chick list for this spring. There list shows which breeds are coming in on which dates. They usually bring in more than 30 breeds at various times. Most are brought in multiple times. I like this because I want to get all of my chicks during the 1st 3 weeks of April. As soon as their list is published they allow you to make reservations.

Back
Top Bottom