New garden shed to coop...design help?

New question- roofing material for the attached run.
I have a 10x15' welded black wire outdoor dog kennel that's currently in use with my tiny coop that I will be adding to this new one. It currently is sitting underneath a portable canopy. Unfortunately with living in Ohio and have lake-effect snow; I had to go out and use a broom to remove snow more than once this winter. And I don't want to have to do that again. So as a result, I'm looking at adding a permanent roof structure to it that will allow snow and rain to come off. Looking at what other's have done online, I can use the canopy frame work and add supports for a corrugated roof. Now, would it make sense to use metal or can I get away with the plastic roofing material? Metal costs are currently like lumber costs, so I wasn't sure if I could get away with the plastic instead as it appears cheaper.

Also- Picking up nesting boxes after work today. Found toy bins at target that I can stack and attach to the walls inside the coop. They're already white, so won't need painted.

Found an 8x12' piece of linoleum for the floor at Home Depot for $45, FB marketplace was a bust for flooring. Plain on painting the inside once the temps warm up again. it's a balmy 42* today. Scored a 5 gallon bucket of barn and fence paint from TSC that was cheaper than 2 gallons of "normal" paint at the big box store.

Hoping to actually start doing more renovation this coming week as I'm off of work so I actually have some free time to work on it (and hopefully warmer weather). I'm in the "accumulate STUFF" phase lol.
When you say it was a “bust”’ you mean it worked well, right?
Not that it was a total bust.

Back
Top Bottom