New girl from Florida...Hello!!

elizabethlongwood

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 24, 2010
longwood, florida
Hi, my name is Elizabeth and I just joined last night. I've been occasionally reading the members' postings from time to time since we acquired our first flock of 5 chicks this spring. We live about 15 miles north of Orlando in a suburb called Longwood. We can't have a rooster in our neck of the woods, but we're looking forward to some eggs this fall and really enjoy our time every evening watching the pullets free range. Our daughters, ages 12 and 9, love to feed them sunflower seeds out of their hands and hold the more laid-back ones from time to time. I did post a question under the topic of "Managing your flock" because we are having some trouble introducing a younger pullet to our existing flock.(One of the chickens turned out to be a rooster, so we swapped him out with the poultry breeder last week) If you have some experience with this, please check out my post from yesterday evening. The thread was called 'Need help/advice about integrating new pullet into existing flock' or something like that. We could use some friendly advice!!

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you've joined. I'll go check out your other post and see if I can help.

welcome-byc.gif

Glad to have you aboard!! Be sure to go to Where are you (under index) and let Nava know your info so she can add you to our LOCAL list (like FL is all local hehe) you can check out CMOM's list of events here in Fl under the Chickenstock index too!! I look forward to meeting you at one of the many functions we have!! Take care and welcome!!

Jacki
"The Ranch" Waldo, Florida

WELCOME from Polk County, FL. Check out the Florida shows and swap link in my signature! Nava also does the Florida thread in where are you section.

welcome-byc.gif
from Washington!! Not sure if this helps but.... We have learned to spend lots of time in their coop with all of them and holding all of them a lot. If it makes sense to you, do this; whenever you pick her up, pick up another one that has already been there for a while but always make sure its the same one every time and keep them close, they might bond just because of that. But in the future (I have learned this the hard way) get 2 new ones and not just 1, if you can. It makes it an easier transition for all of them. I hope I was able to explain that well. It has worked for us, hope it does for you too!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom