New Grateful Member- Izzi

Mom2FluffButts

Chirping
Jul 30, 2021
Pittsburgh PA
I got into chickens about 3 years ago when I moved onto my new farm and was gifted a small flock of 4. Since then I have grown to a flock 22, plus 12 chicks being picked up in a few weeks. I have a mixture of breeds, A silkie rooster (from the original flock about 6 years old now), Speckled Sussex, Cuckoo Marans, Ameraucanas, Welsummer, Cream Legbar, barnyard mixes, OE, Columbian wyandotte bantam, Mille Fluer Bantam, Cochin Bantams, and a Sicilian Buttercup. The new chicks are Black copper Marans and Langshans. My favorite part about raising them is probably just hanging out with them and fussing over their care. Also watching them on their "jungle gym". Besides chickens I ride and train horses. I have two beautiful mares, Skipper and Glory who LOVE hanging out with the cats and chickens. However my poor puppy B, hates when the chickens go for a "pony ride" because they stray too far from the coop for her liking. Then there is my other dog Nova, who is our resident predator hunter. While B sounds the alarm, and Nova goes and gets whatever it is. I work in a vet office as an assistant and receptionist, which is a lot of fun. I am here to learn and improve my ways, and also hopefully find some breeders for future peeps.

8760D2E8-0A37-4F51-B7F0-BAB7C40525FB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom