NEW "green" Chicken Coop.

Greenchickencoop

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 26, 2009
Hello all,

I have been cruising your forum for a while now and used a lot of information posted on here while designing and building prototypes for the perfect backyard, Urban chicken coop. In my opinion i now have it. Please check out my website (under construction) and tell me what you think i have already sold quite a few and have all happy customers. Keep in mind these are built buy talented woodworkers in the USA. We not only have here a highly functional coop for up to 6 chickens but a piece that will add asthetically to your backyards appereance.

www.greenchickencoop.com

Tell me what you guys think.
I can have these coops shipped all across the country at very very low prices. Call me for a qoute.

Garrett Falls
Green Chicken Coop Company

2rxjj38.jpg

*edited to remove phone number*

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone that would consider an eglu in that same price range, the Green Chicken Coop appears to be a much more humane housing option. It looks like the chickens will have more space in the housing, and some shelter under the housing too. I think in bad weather a tarp could be placed over it too so the birds will still have the run to roam. I think its a great option for people that need a coop but want their birds to have a healthy space to live in.

I think it is really nice, I would like to see interior photos. Nice to see something built here in USA. Good job! I will mention your web site to friends that may need a coop.

I wouldn't buy it because it's painted. We use regular wood so that when it breaks down, we can compost. Can't compost latex paint. If you provided an unpainted option, that would be nice.
-Spooky

That is so nice.. I like the height of the door, so you can walk in without having to bend over..
big_smile.png

Thanks for sharing...

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I really have put a lot of time and effort into this. It is always nice to have the support of fellow chicken owners, and LURKY i think you are completely right. As for an unpainted option; I would sell a coop unpainted but i am a true believer that in staying ecologically friendly we need to reduce consumption. In order to reduce consumption of lumber, fossil fuels in milling the lumber, hardware and the work required to produce as well as emmisions during shipping it is important that we build products that will last for many many many years. I am confident in the paint that i am using ( have tried almost a dozen types ) and truly believe that it will more than double the life of an unpainted coop. If i where to mill the wood, build the coop, ship it to you and then have it rot within a few years and end up in a compost pile i would feel that was a large waste of resources and materials. So for that reason i will not sell unpainted coops. Though i will paint them any color you choose. Also by painting them myself i can back my product better and maintain a better image in the long run. Thanks again.

Garrett Falls

We are cabinet builders by trade so quality is all we know! Thank you for the kind words.

Garrett Falls

Ok we have sold a few of these now all with happy customers. We have bettered our wood supply and material costs and found that we could bring down the price to $449. We have shipped all over the country and are getting a handle on this as well. Shipping to texas for example was $154. Also by shipping to a terminal near you for you to pick up can save you around $50. We have a really great handmade product here and am really excited to be able to offer it to so many people across the country at such a great price. If you have any questions go to my website(still under construction) and give either i or my partner a call.

Back
Top Bottom