New Greetings from Northern Alabama

AlmadenOaks

In the Brooder
Jul 18, 2016
Elkmont, Alabama
Hi ya'll! I just joined and have really enjoyed the items I have read. I have also been able to look up answers to questions in a snap. So thank you all for your postings! I have not dealt with chickens since I was a child a very looooooong time ago so this is a fun new experience. My husband raised chickens many years ago and he is having fun with our new brood, too.

I have 14 surviving 10 day old barred rock chicks, and one 10 day old "rare" gift bird that came with my order. I think she/he is a white crested black polish. I say she/he on the Polish because it is from a straight run so it could be either. How to handle a rooster with all my layers....hmmmm. We will wait and see what happens! I lost one of my original 15 BR to pasting on day 2. Since then I have keep a close eye on their back ends and caught the problems early! I got lots of great advice here.

Thanks again, everyone!!
D.gif

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Congrats on your chicks :D I'm sorry to hear you lost one though :(
I'm sure you will enjoy your polish very much, I have mainly polish and my two white crested black hens sure are characters!!

Wishing you the very best of luck for the future and enjoy BYC :frow

Thanks!
My Polish, Faustina, has been a hand full. She got terribly pecked on one side and I had to separate her until I got the Blue Kote. Still treating that, but she enjoys being with the others and I have had no more pecking problems.

Oh no, I'm afraid that can be the downside of polish. Those fancy crests sure can attract a lot of unwanted attention in a mixed flock. Great to hear you have it under control now :D

Back
Top Bottom