New Grow Out Barn

AugeredIn,,In my Pea Palace thread here I plan to do exactly what you have done with my existing corn crib that I built the 24x30 building along side of.The upstairs of the corn crib is high enough to divide and have two floors,each being 24x24.You wanna come here this winter and help? Looks like you have a very good sense of carpentry and pen building expertise!! Bet your local lumber yard smiles when you come into the door:)

I have a barn that I was going to divide up for grow out but I used a small part of a barn temporarily and the mess & smell was too much. I built this barn so it would have plenty of open space for breezes. Being in a much cooler location the barn will probably be perfect as long as you can get some air movement during the summer and have a way to catch the droppings.

I actually have a lumber supplier that deals in salvage lumber. I cannot tell the difference between this wood and retail and it costs only about 60-70% of retail. I get a great deal on roof tin as well.

You wanna come here this winter and help? Looks like you have a very good sense of carpentry and pen building expertise!!

Are you paying in peachicks? It seems I have an infertile bronze peacock. You need to hatch some of those purples, midnights and bronzes and sell me some peachicks so I can get some new blood in my pens.

It seems I have an infertile bronze peacock.
Can he see any other males? I know others, including myself, who have bronze males that only have eyes for other males if they can see them. I also have a 2 year old midnight male who seems to houdini himself into the pen adjacent, even though he has several breeding age hens with him. I even tried switching the males around, and he insists on being with the other male instead of doing his job!

AugeredIn,have about 7 Purple,5 Midnights,7 Bronze,and maybe 8 Opal B/S chicks now,,man driving here from Lousiville Ky on Tuesday to get purples and bronzes,,I just posted a 20 egg auction on e-bay tonight with choice of 4 colors out of the 7 listed,,My bator is full and I have several Bronzes and Purples in there to hatch,,shipping live chicks to Fla tho,,,it can be done I'm sure.

Can he see any other males? I know others, including myself, who have bronze males that only have eyes for other males if they can see them. I also have a 2 year old midnight male who seems to houdini himself into the pen adjacent, even though he has several breeding age hens with him. I even tried switching the males around, and he insists on being with the other male instead of doing his job!
He can see another male when on roost. He displays and courts the peahens, however. I have seen one mating so I know he is trying, we just seem to have fertility problems.

AugeredIn,have about 7 Purple,5 Midnights,7 Bronze,and maybe 8 Opal B/S chicks now,,man driving here from Lousiville Ky on Tuesday to get purples and bronzes,,I just posted a 20 egg auction on e-bay tonight with choice of 4 colors out of the 7 listed,,My bator is full and I have several Bronzes and Purples in there to hatch,,shipping live chicks to Fla tho,,,it can be done I'm sure.
Shipping chicks to me would not be a problem. You are plenty close for postal service time wise. I don't generally buy hatching eggs since they have so many problems. I do ship some out however. If you want to sell any chicks, shoot me a PM, I would be interested in any of the colors you have. I have all of the same except opal and I am always interested in new colors. If I don't find some chicks to purchase soon, Craig Hopkins is going to get an order for some adults. I am going to have to order a bronze adult male anyway or my other split bronze male is going to have to handle five hens next year.

Back
Top Bottom