New Grow Out Pen

I like that!
thumbsup.gif

How funny that this popped up again. I LOVE these grow out coops. It is hot enough out here in the desert I can move the chicks out pretty early this time of year. I did build a second one and I had 2 broodies safely tucked away in there this month.

These are VERY nice. :) How many do you house in them?
It depends on the size and age of the chicks. I usually use these coops for just out of the brooder chicks 4-6 weeks old (they go outside younger in the summer) , then they move into a bigger run and then get sorted out into breeding pens or the layer flock. Little ones I can fit a bunch in there, adult bantams I wouldnt put more than a breeding trio in there. I have never housed full grown LF in these at all. I have 12 breeding pens/runs, 1 layer flock run, 3 grow out pens, and 2 dog kennel runs with coops (one of those is my night pen for my ducks) and a 2 story brooder in my house. LOL so birds get moved around a bit while growing up. :)

Last edited:
It depends on the size and age of the chicks. I usually use these coops for just out of the brooder chicks 4-6 weeks old (they go outside younger in the summer) , then they move into a bigger run and then get sorted out into breeding pens or the layer flock. Little ones I can fit a bunch in there, adult bantams I wouldnt put more than a breeding trio in there. I have never housed full grown LF in these at all. I have 12 breeding pens/runs, 1 layer flock run, 3 grow out pens, and 2 dog kennel runs with coops (one of those is my night pen for my ducks) and a 2 story brooder in my house. LOL so birds get moved around a bit while growing up. :)

Sounds like you run it like a well oiled machine! Well done. :)

Back
Top Bottom