New Guy here with a ?

hitnspit

Songster
9 Years
Feb 24, 2010
New Haven, Vermont
I have had 2 RIR for a year in a space much bigger then they need. Just got 4 more Black and White birds not sure the name. Now at first the RIR wanted nothing to do with them and seemed a bit upset at me...lol.So in the coop I put up a plastic net sothey could not hget at each other for now.Will they get used to eachother or are they being good do to the fact I have the net up for now.....jim s

Personally, I would take the netting down. They will get use to each other pretty quickly and everything will be fine. They may pick at each other a bit, but, I wouldn't worry to much about it. Just my opinion...

The'll do some pecking, some fighting, but let them figure out who's top and who's not. They have their own pecking order to work out, but they should be good to go in a week or so!

Thanks I guess I will take it down and keep my kid away from them for the week or so. She was not a happy camper when she saw them fight a bit....lol....jim s

welcome-byc.gif
from Oregon. I've had a few problems introducing new flock members but they eventually get use to each other. Good luck

Mine might have a few go rounds, but within a few days they are fine. The new guys are generally low on the totem pole, but they have to work that all out those first few days.

Back
Top Bottom