New guy here.

cajun11

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 18, 2014
Just wanted to say hi and thanks. I've been raising chicken for almost a year. I've come to this site many times for important info. I have 1 big coop devided into 3 different coops. I have 18 laying hens and 3 roosters. I have 21 baby chicks in a chicken tractor. I also have a hen setting on 13 eggs. Last but not least I have 9 eggs in an incubater. Thanks to all the info from this site, things are pretty good.

This all sounds good, you surely are addicted to chickens by now. Great work, carry on.
thumbsup.gif

Just wanted to say hi and thanks. I've been raising chicken for almost a year. I've come to this site many times for important info. I have 1 big coop devided into 3 different coops. I have 18 laying hens and 3 roosters. I have 21 baby chicks in a chicken tractor. I also have a hen setting on 13 eggs. Last but not least I have 9 eggs in an incubater. Thanks to all the info from this site, things are pretty good.

Wow what a brood...hens on eggs, 18 laying hens with 3 roosters, eggs in incubators, those are busy girls (and boys. I just put my first 6 Orpington "girls" in the coop end of our barn with their 'man' and it has a very nice soft and dry dirt floor. Those girls burrowed down in the floor. I told them that if they dug to China they'd get eaten. ..LOL...
I've got 3 white Australorps and 3 black Sex Links week old chick's in the basement broader basking. Soooo cute!
These girls are my family pets.
Since I'm a newbie does any one know why roosters flap their wings like every few minutes? Is he showing off?

Last edited:
images

Welcome to BYC!

So glad you could join our community! If you have any questions, that is what we are here for. Make yourself at home here on BYC and welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom