New Guy With a Question

Henshaw78

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 13, 2014
Perth, Western Australia

Hi, my name is Neal and I'm from Perth, Western Australia. While searching for answers to chicken questions I have been reading helpful threads from members of backyard chickens, so thanks.

I have 3 ISA Browns and 2 Barnevelders. This morning my youngest Barnevelder has a limp wing (see photo attached). I tried bracing it this morning with a section of old stocking but she wriggles out, I'm thinking I should probably persist. The wing moves well and has no obvious signs of a break. I suspect she got caught on a strand of wire (since removed) that I had in the coop to stop the laying on top of the nesting boxes. She is eating and moving well, a bit more subdued than normal though.

I guess my question is should I persist Nd brace the wing or is will the wing heal back in place on its own?

Thanks and I look forward to more conversations.

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

I'm sorry about your bird! I'm not much help with wing issues. Defiantly post in the emergency link provided by Kelsie.

Welcome to BYC hope the "emergencies" people will have suggestions for you. I wonder if elastic bandage may work better for her (not get pecked off) but, be sure you don't wrap too tightly

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

Sorry to hear about your bird! Definitely post in the Emergencies section.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Sorry about your bird. If she can tolerate some sort of support, then try leaving it on. If not, it may heal over time. Not sure you can do much about this. Definitely post in our emergency section for more input.

I hope you can get her back to her old self soon!

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

I'm sorry about your hen!
hugs.gif
I would definitely post this in the Emergencies section; hopefully people there can help.

Good luck with her!

oh no! hopefully she gets better.... I would persist and write again in the emergencies thread.... I had a sick baby and i posted ALL over back yard chicken.... to my surprise (or not) I got flooded with response /help/ support.

Do you have an avian vet by you? or possibly try asking on something like http://www.vetlive.com/

this is how i found my local (not so local but the closest one to me) chicken vet.. http://www.birdvetsnearyou.com maybe there is something like this that is local for you?

Back
Top Bottom