New Hampshire Breed Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by usschicago1, Jan 27, 2010.

1. silkiechick236

silkiechick236 Songster

Sep 29, 2009
    Oklahoma
    I got 10 NHs from Ideal in Oct and love them to pieces!!! [​IMG]

2. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Quote:Nice! Have any Pictures?!

3. silkiechick236

silkiechick236 Songster

Sep 29, 2009
    Oklahoma
    No, but I'll try to get some this weekend. They are so pretty! We've a big storm that's suppose to be coming in, maybe I can get some snow pics. [​IMG]

4. usschicago1

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    [​IMG] Thats be so cool [​IMG]
    Quote:

5. Barred Rocker

Barred Rocker cracked egg

Jul 15, 2009
    King and Queen Co, Va
    I only have one but I love her to death. She has the best personality and lays huge eggs. I'd love to get some more just like her.

6. Nizzletripe

Nizzletripe In the Brooder

May 30, 2009
    This is Miracle my 8 month old baby. Isn't he handsome? Miracle was an egg in distress that I hatched back on Memorial Weekend. I'm a teacher and each year I hatch eggs in the class. Last year my incubator went haywire and the temperature rose above 103 degrees. After 25 days no eggs hatched. On the 26 or so I noticed one of the twelve eggs was beginning to pip. After a whole day, into the next morning, the little guy still had not hatched. I helped it along, slowly, carefully and after 4 hours, my little Miracle came out. He was scrawny, had a crooked neck and I thought the chick would not survive. He didn't drink or it. I coaxed him and fed him water with a syringe and little bits of mashed feed and egg yolk. That was then. Now he's a robust healthy rooster. I never brought him back to school. I'm now the proud owner of one New Hamshire Red Rooster and 5 five month old Diominique hens.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. silkiechick236

silkiechick236 Songster

Sep 29, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Nizzletripe - What an awesome story! He is one handsome roo! [​IMG]

Here's some pics of my girls, not so great, it's overcast here and of course they won't hold still. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. americana-chick

americana-chick Songster

Jun 18, 2008
    I have a pair of new hampshire reds actually. At my feed store you can buy them and they are a very nice looking and a very good egg layer! I will post pics later.

9. usschicago1

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Nizzletrip, that was a beautiful story, that what makes this hobby worthwhile, is story's like that. And the fact its a new hampshire, makes it so much better [​IMG]

Nice Birds Silkiechick, how old are they?

Cant wait to see your birds america chick

10. silkiechick236

silkiechick236 Songster

Sep 29, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Thanks! They are about 3 months old, got them mid-Oct. The pics don't do them justice.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: