New Hampshire Breed Thread

I got 10 NHs from Ideal in Oct and love them to pieces!!!
love.gif

This is Miracle my 8 month old baby. Isn't he handsome? Miracle was an egg in distress that I hatched back on Memorial Weekend. I'm a teacher and each year I hatch eggs in the class. Last year my incubator went haywire and the temperature rose above 103 degrees. After 25 days no eggs hatched. On the 26 or so I noticed one of the twelve eggs was beginning to pip. After a whole day, into the next morning, the little guy still had not hatched. I helped it along, slowly, carefully and after 4 hours, my little Miracle came out. He was scrawny, had a crooked neck and I thought the chick would not survive. He didn't drink or it. I coaxed him and fed him water with a syringe and little bits of mashed feed and egg yolk. That was then. Now he's a robust healthy rooster. I never brought him back to school. I'm now the proud owner of one New Hamshire Red Rooster and 5 five month old Diominique hens.

32874_heart_miracle.jpg

32874_miracle_with_santa_hat.jpg

32874_miracle_5_month_old.jpg

Nizzletripe - What an awesome story! He is one handsome roo!
droolin.gif

Here's some pics of my girls, not so great, it's overcast here and of course they won't hold still.
he.gif

42121_picture_549.jpg

42121_picture_548.jpg

42121_picture_547.jpg

42121_picture_546.jpg

I have a pair of new hampshire reds actually. At my feed store you can buy them and they are a very nice looking and a very good egg layer! I will post pics later.

Nizzletrip, that was a beautiful story, that what makes this hobby worthwhile, is story's like that. And the fact its a new hampshire, makes it so much better
smile.png

Nice Birds Silkiechick, how old are they?

Cant wait to see your birds america chick

Back
Top Bottom