New Hampshire Breed Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by usschicago1, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Richie

Richie In the Brooder

Nov 18, 2008
    That is a good looking male New Hampshire. I don't really see where his color is off, maybe a drop light, but really nice. At least, that is my opinion.

2. Vacaville Roost

Vacaville Roost In the Brooder

May 28, 2016
    Vacaville, Ca
    [​IMG]
    This is Wilma on the left at just about one week old.
    [​IMG]
    About three weeks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    About six weeks
    [​IMG]
    About eight weeks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is her now, at about four, almost five months old. I am still waiting on her first egg and i guess i have a few more weeks left. Wilma appears to be a typical NHR as she has the black feathers on her collar and tail. I ope this helps as far as photos or New Hampshire Reds go.

I got her from Western Ranch Feed in Vacaville Ca.

3. QuailCrestFarms

QuailCrestFarms In the Brooder

Jul 3, 2016
    I have been having issues finding a roo that isn't going to beat up horribly on my hens. I have 25 hens and am looking for a calm roo. I want Golden Comet chicks so I'm looking at New Hampshire Roo and RIR. Anyone have experience with both and know which will be less of a jerk?

4. rc50

rc50 Songster

Feb 9, 2011
    Hi... hope you are doing great... what I have been told and read in many different places over the years is you need to get a male from a breeder not a big big name hatchery.. that is the only way you will get a male that is calm... or one way...
    hope this helped

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: