New Hampshire Breed Thread

Pics
Hi everyone!
I am new to the site and I apologize for cutting into the thread.
My name is Steve and I live in the North Shore of Massachusetts.
I am currently in the search for (2) baby Pekin ducklings, they are a gift for my father for father's day. I have been searching for someone who may have them for sale and I have had no luck. I replied to several posts on Craigslist with no responses. I am making this post to see if there is anyone that sells ducklings in this thread or knows someone who does. I am willing to make the ride up to NH for pick-up.
Thanks everyone, sorry again for cutting into the thread.

Steve

Hi everyone!
I am new to the site and I apologize for cutting into the thread.
My name is Steve and I live in the North Shore of Massachusetts.
I am currently in the search for (2) baby Pekin ducklings, they are a gift for my father for father's day. I have been searching for someone who may have them for sale and I have had no luck. I replied to several posts on Craigslist with no responses. I am making this post to see if there is anyone that sells ducklings in this thread or knows someone who does. I am willing to make the ride up to NH for pick-up.
Thanks everyone, sorry again for cutting into the thread.

Steve

Steve, I know this is confusing - but this msg thread is about the New Hampshire chicken breed (like the Rhode Island Red now has a following far wider than the state).

There is a separate thread for people in NH, you will find it in the "Where am I, where are you" area.

Hello All,

Who here has Jwip's (XW poultry ranch) NH's and do you have any pics? He put 5 in with an order of 20 BR's. And I would like to see how they turn out.

Thank you.

Hello All,

Who here has Jwip's (XW poultry ranch) NH's and do you have any pics? He put 5 in with an order of 20 BR's. And I would like to see how they turn out.

Thank you.

I have some. My avatar is one. You can go to German New Hampshire and find more.

Scott

New Hampshires are my favorite breed and always have been. A well bred New Hampshire is a beautiful bird and they lay well too. I had one hen named Gladys who was like a dog. She would come running to me when I called her by name. A good New Hampshire rooster (not commercial type, but standard) is a magnificent looking creature and the hens are just the best. I would recommend them very highly.

I think we belong in this thread...You tel us
This is Butterscotch

18 weeks old

I've been doing a lot of research on NH lines. I see how impactful the German importation was but was curious what strains folks were breeding prior to that? Beyond Good Shepherd and German, I cannot find any other strains which I find surprising.

New Hampshires are my favorite breed and always have been.   A well bred New Hampshire is a beautiful bird and they lay well too.  I had one hen named Gladys who was like a dog.  She would come running to me when I called her by name.  A good New Hampshire rooster (not commercial type, but standard) is a magnificent looking creature and the hens are just the best.  I would recommend them very highly.

I love mine too, they all vie for my attn. when I am out in the yard and will scrap over who gets which position on my lap. Lol Two of them lay eggs LARGER than my ducks eggs and I usually get 7 eggs a day from 8 hens + one is already sitting just 3 weeks after she started laying (and with no rooster).

Back
Top Bottom