New Hampshire Info!

Blackberry18

Songster
8 Years
Mar 25, 2015
Minnesota
Hey, I'm getting two New Hampshire pullets this Saturday, and am happy to add some color to my flock. I'm hoping someone could have some info on personality and egg laying, or anything else.

Are your New Hampshires coming from a breeder or hatchery? I've raised NHs from a hatchery and they were generally docile birds with the occasional exception (particularly with the roosters). I've read that those from breeders that meet APA standards tend to have better temperament than hatchery bred NHs. My NHs tolerated being handled, although they never really seemed to like it (unlike some of the calmer and gentler dual purpose breeds that I've had), and they were good egg layers, typically giving me 3-4 large, brown eggs per hen per week.

Last edited:
Hopefully then, you will get some really good quality New Hampshires. :eek:)
Well, now I won't be able to, unfortunately. Avian Influenza is a problem here in MN, and now they've canceled all the poultry county and state fair competitions, and selling poultry isn't allowed, either. Oh, well. Always next year.

Well, now I won't be able to, unfortunately. Avian Influenza is a problem here in MN, and now they've canceled all the poultry county and state fair competitions, and selling poultry isn't allowed, either. Oh, well. Always next year.
That's too bad. I'm so sorry to hear that. :eek:(

Back
Top Bottom