New Hampshire Red Roos to trade in or near Vermont

vttoad05452

In the Brooder
11 Years
Nov 19, 2008
Essex, VT
I'm located in Essex, Vermont. We've started a flock of NHR laying hens, but need to swap out a few NHR roosters to get ourselves set up to incubate eggs in the spring. I have at least 10 NHR roosters, 5-6 months of age, to sell and/or use to swap. Our stock came from a private sale out in the mid-west and they are of show quality.
Anybody help me out with a couple of roosters, even if you don't care to swap?
Thanks,
Donna

If you have roosters why dont you just hatch eggs?? Dont your roosters mate with your hens ??

You should look into that more, People do it all the time to keep good blood lines in there flock, I belive you can do it for 2-3 genarations !!! Birds are not like people when it comes to breeding, kind of like "line breeding" in dogs. At some point you would have to add new blood to your lines but to get you started with chicks you should be all set !!

I guess the "New Egg" has LOTS to learn!! Thanks for the information; it will make things much easier this first year, and we have some fine specimens to choose from.

No problem, The chicken thing can be very confusing somtimes.

Good luck and hope you get lots of cute babies. If you need more info on how many genarations you can breed just start another post about it !!

Are you going to be hatching this winter at all or just waiting till spring ??

Back
Top Bottom