New Hampshire!!

I am attending the swap at Chichester TSC on Saturday to sell a few of my "extra" now that I have done the first round pick for the grow out show birds.

I will have Cochins LF smooth and Frizzled, various ages.
Marans, Copper and Birchen, various ages - straight run
A few leghorn mixes, straight run

Mille Fleur Leghorn Cockerel

I will have 1-2 dz Marans eggs that have not been pre-sold. I will bring those if anyone is interested.

We may also have some Qts of Maple Syrup from our farm for sale.

Please Contact me with interest.

April

Last edited:
My daughter and I will be looking for a few silkies at the end of April/early May. We live in New Boston. If anyone will have some around that time, let me know. We'll probably be checking out the May swaps as well.

My daughter and I will be looking for a few silkies at the end of April/early May. We live in New Boston. If anyone will have some around that time, let me know. We'll probably be checking out the May swaps as well.
I have silkies and showgirls available now.

this is my next batch. they are due to hatch april 19. many of them are silkies. I will be hatching silkies weekly. I am at all of the swaps. I do not bring them to the swaps until they are off the brooder light. I will sell them from the house younger. If you click the facebook link in my signature line you will see a photo of my showgirls. Eventually I will add photos of my silkies.

I have silkies and showgirls available now.

this is my next batch. they are due to hatch april 19. many of them are silkies. I will be hatching silkies weekly. I am at all of the swaps. I do not bring them to the swaps until they are off the brooder light. I will sell them from the house younger. If you click the facebook link in my signature line you will see a photo of my showgirls. Eventually I will add photos of my silkies.
Thanks, I took a peek and your show girls are beautiful. If this batch is due to hatch April 19th, wondering roughly when they'd be off the brooder light and joining you at a swap? Or do you think they'd be all sold out by then (I guess it's hard to say either way, let me know if you can).

I just ordered my spring broilers. I pick up 30 sometime late next week. Anyone else out there raising any meat birds this spring? Last year I raised them to 7 weeks and had very large birds. I am thinking of raising half as cornish hens and then harvesting the rest at 5 or 6 weeks instead of the full 7. I love spring!

I have 32 broilers in the brooder now, they are 2 weeks old today. I usually raise the males to 8-9 weeks and the females to 10 weeks. Mine free range with my girls so they grow a little slower but end up dressing out to 6.5 -8 lbs. Thinking about doing a batch of 40 -50 in the fall, my husband is going to freak when he finds out we have to process that many
hide.gif
but I want a full freezer to get us through the winter! Thinking about raising meat rabbits too....

Angie

I dont have my meaties yet. Last year I got them in august and processed in sept, at 6 weeks 6 days old we did 26. This year we may do more. And I havent decided what month yet though august/sept worked very well for us last year.

Lexiluke how are your turkey eggs doing?

Last edited:
I dont have my meaties yet. Last year I got them in august and processed in sept, at 6 weeks 6 days old we did 26. This year we may do more. And I havent decided what month yet though august/sept worked very well for us last year.

Lexiluke how are your turkey eggs doing?
I have two incubators going with 4 dozen eggs total. Haven't candled yet(Like I would know what to look for anyway). First batch should hatch on the 24th and second on May 5th. How about yours? I am going to put a weeks worth in the nesting box to see if I can get one of the hens to sit on some. Fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom