New Hampshire!!

If anyone is looking for a Black Copper Marans Rooster I have 1 still available. He is 16 weeks old. He has 2 weeks to find a home and then he gets processed with all the CX meat chickens.
I would hate to see him get processed, he is very handsome and is a good boy. We call him CJ(CooperJr, Cooper is his dad they look identical) My flock is npip certified and ms and mg clean.

Last edited:
If anyone is looking for a Black Copper Marans Rooster I have 1 still available. He is 16 weeks old. He has 2 weeks to find a home and then he gets processed with all the CX meat chickens.
I would hate to see him get processed, he is very handsome and is a good boy. We call him CJ(CooperJr, Cooper is his dad they look identical) My flock is npip certified and ms and mg clean.

good looking boy. I hope he finds a home.

I have a Sizzle and a Black Silkie Roo Born 3/3/13. Please help me find them a good home! They love to be cared for, if you have a child they would really be able to take care of them also! I just don't need to many roo's!

I have a Sizzle and a Black Silkie Roo Born 3/3/13. Please help me find them a good home! They love to be cared for, if you have a child they would really be able to take care of them also! I just don't need to many roo's!

I met the boys and they are awesome. Paris walks around so proud for a little guy and is comical to watch. The other one, don't remember his name is very friendly and loves to be held. He kept falling asleep in my arm and was more content being held than I could ever imagine!

I have 1 BCM rooster available roughly 22-25weeks old. He is not breeding quality, only pet quality. He is over melanized meaning too dark and not showing enough copper. He would make a nice protector of a mixed flock and make some wonderful Olive Egger chicks if paired with a blue or green egg layer or Black Sexlinks if paired with a Barred Rock. I really like this rooster he is a good boy and he is so handsome.

My flock is nh npip certified and ms and ng neg

Last edited:
hello New Hampshire! You all staying warm?

Happy New year! Hubby and I are staying in.. watching movies... probably wont even hit midnight!

Chickies are all snuggled in, the light in the coop is on, so I know its cold out there! Its on a thermo cube so only comes on when it hits 20. Had to round up one lone leghorn who insists its beach weather and wants to stay roosting outside.

Culled our first turkeys last week. Fried one up and was delicious. I think I want to try keeping one or two thru next winter. Loved watching them and the chickens hanging out. Maybe I'll sneak a few into he incubator.. hmmm.....

Hope all is well with everyone. Looking forward to spring already!

Happy New Year New Hampsha!

We are going to be looking for some hatching eggs or young birds of the following breeds this year, and we'd prefer to pick them up locally..
So if you know of or raise any of the following breeds please contact us.

Black Indies ducks
Black Silkie ducks
Delaware Chickens
Wheaten Ameraucana Chickens

Keep your birds warm....brrrrrrrrr!
D.gif

Cheers,
Zekii

SNOW DAY!
Hope everyone had a great New Year's. Looking forward to spring. What special plans do you have for this year?

I am planning to rip up the flower beds in the front of the house and that border our walkway. I want to replant most of the Hydrangeas elsewhere from the front of the home. I also want to rehome my Daylilies and Hostas that border everything to maybe line more of my extremely long driveway. I'm thinking of putting down gravel and using flower pots in front (prepping for a farmer's porch at some point) and then just clean up the beds that line the cobble stone walkway as they are horribly overgrown and the perennials need some dividing. It'll be a ton of work but I've not paid attention to the garden much this past year and it needs it.

I have the chickens still separated into male and female coops so far. I'm waiting for some of the girls to size up a bit before I let the boys at them. I have 18 correct for cream Cream Legbar females that I hope to keep breeding forward. I currently have 7 correct for cream boys set aside for nest spring. I have 4 gold Cream Legbars for layers and maybe making EE's. I have a trio of white sport Legbars I am hoping will produce some nice chicks for me.
fl.gif
My other layers are 2 Jubilee pullets and 3 Barnevelders (1 blue and 2 black). The Jubes and Barnies are just eye candy at this point as I sold off the males last fall. The Legbars I've had since 2011 and are my babies and what I concentrate on most and really am excited about. I also have Marans - still too young to lay but I have 2 splash boys, 1 BCM boy (from Wynette's eggs) and 5 BCM girls. Looking forward to seeing what they lay when they start and hoping for some nice dark eggs. I would love to do a pen of Splash and of Black Coppers but need to think about pen space.

I'd like to try some ducks this year - Muscovies are number one on the list but I think Runner ducks are toooooo cute so I'm thinking those also. AND I'm trying to talk the hubby into a few geese and turkeys. I went to Hannaford and saw they had geese in the meat department for $55-$60 each! The hubbies worried they'll be mean but I'm hoping to convince him otherwise. We are starting to look at the pond we have and what to do with it. From my kitchen sliding door you get a wonderful view of the backyard that we cleared all the way back to the pond so I think it'll just be perfect to have some water fowl back there also. If he does not like them they can always go to freezer camp.

Lastly.... Last fall I downsized my 6 vegetable plots to just 3 - 6 x 6 foot sections and widened the paths between them so hubby could maneuver the mower between so I'm hoping that will help me manage them better and make them more cost-efficient.

Back
Top Bottom