New Hampshire!

Hello New Hampshire peeps! I am new to chickens. Just ordered my first hatchlings due to arrive at the end of May. I have since spend many hours searching for a good quality Coop. I have found a few that look great but they would need to be shipped from far away. Does anyone know of any local people that make good quality coops? I’m in Newfields for point of reference. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!
Maybe swings and things in Plaistow. We converted a shed into a coop. We had bought the biggest one Tractor Supply had, but once the chicks starting growing, we had 20 including 2 ducks, it was to small, but not only was it small but cheap and flimsy. Also craigs list has a lot of coops for sale. New and used.

Could try CL or FB marketplace too although I'm not a fan of using used coops. You could find a decent shed though for cheap or even free that you would just need to transport and modify a bit to turn it into a coop. The larger coopsforacause ones are definitely nice, but they don't come cheap.

Maybe swings and things in Plaistow. We converted a shed into a coop. We had bought the biggest one Tractor Supply had, but once the chicks starting growing, we had 20 including 2 ducks, it was to small, but not only was it small but cheap and flimsy. Also craigs list has a lot of coops for sale. New and used.
Thank you. I will check them out. I saw the ones at tractor supply and the do look really cheap.
My biggest problem is that now that I’ve been researching coops I have an idea in my head of what I want and I can’t seem to find anything that is reasonable price wise and fits my needs.... my husband has no idea what he has just agreed to

Thank you. I will check them out. I saw the ones at tractor supply and the do look really cheap.
My biggest problem is that now that I’ve been researching coops I have an idea in my head of what I want and I can’t seem to find anything that is reasonable price wise and fits my needs.... my husband has no idea what he has just agreed to
lol I hear you on the husband part. Neither did mine lol. He ended up giving up His workshop for a coop. I’m happy, the birds are happy.. Him, eh, not so much lol, because now we need a workshop for him lol. If yours is a good carpenter you maybe able to get plans that match what you want online. I’m pretty sure the plans are very inexpensive. I’ve seen this company on YouTube (link below) and I believe they set up coops all over the country, because they’ve done videos in many states, including Maine. I’m not sure of their prices, but won’t hurt to look..
https://www.carolinacoops.com/

Your best bet is to have a Shed built, or do a rubbermaid shed like I did for temporary in the shade.
most of those "coops" on CL or such are just flimsy China crap !
They have kits you can get at HD that are not too bad, not great but not bad.
Or like others said, if you are handy, get plans and build a simple big shed and convert to your pleasure ;)

I’m up in the lake sunapee region and having a chick sale to clear out the brooders

Cream Legbar chick pair (m&f) $35 for both

Barnware ( Barnevelder x Delaware) boy chicks ( great heritage type meat birds pet or flock roosters $2.50 each

Barnevelder chick (sold pending pickup)
Barnware fm chick ( sold pending pickup)

Hi, I'm in Dover
frow.gif
I'm in Durham! Haven't gotten chickens yet... just learning before building coop!

Does anyone have room in their flock for a lonely embden gander? We have one too many ganders in our embden flock and are looking for a new home for him. When we adopted him, we were assured Isabella was a hen - turns out she is really a he and is now called Isaboy!! Any help with re-homing him would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom