New Hampshires from Freedom Ranger Ranch

Here are a couple pictures I took of my New Hampshires from Freedom Ranger Ranch bred by Henry Noll.

I'll take more pictires again soon. Didnt have my camera when opportunity for some great shots arose.

Attachments

• 20201122_161847_017.jpg
    20201122_161847_017.jpg
    842 KB · Views: 85
  • 20201122_161905_012.jpg
    20201122_161905_012.jpg
    756.9 KB · Views: 86
Sweet I was told by Henry they are late crowers 👍🏻

Cool nice to know hes "contactable".

Henry's New Hampshires are seriously large and fast but the colors aren't up to standard by any means which is a non issue for me at this point. There are dark and light colored pullets and cockerels.

Size also seems to vary slightly as I have one cockerels that is quite a bit larger than the other 3. I'm down to 4 cockerels and 6 pullets. So we lost 1/3 of the flock but 4 out of the 5 lost birds are on me. I dont usually lose many birds but I have been side tracked since August and it's difficult to focus.

All in all I'm very happy with these New Hanpshires and still plan to get 75 to 100 of these to raise as broilers. I plant to hand select the 5 best cockerels and 10 best pullets or so for breeding.

Last edited:
Cool nice to know hes "contactable".

Henry's New Hampshires are seriously large and fast but the colors aren't up to standard by any means which is a non issue for me at this point. There are dark and light colored pullets and cockerels.

Size also seems to vary slightly as I have one cockerels that is quite a bit larger than the other 3. I'm down to 4 cockerels and 6 pullets. So we lost 1/3 of the flock but 4 out of the 5 lost birds are on me. I dont usually lose many birds but I have been side tracked since August and it's difficult to focus.

All in all I'm very happy with these New Hanpshires and still plan to get 75 to 100 of these to raise as broilers. I plant to hand select the 5 best cockerels and 10 best pullets or so for breeding.
So how are the New Hampshire’s doing? Have they started crowing yet? If so is it a normal crow or deep and short like the Cornish crosses? Thanks for any info.

So how are the New Hampshire’s doing? Have they started crowing yet? If so is it a normal crow or deep and short like the Cornish crosses? Thanks for any info.
Yes they are crowing and they sound very deep and gruff. It's a short crow that's very much like a broiler. These grow slightly slower than broilers but seem to get bigger. I ordered 100 more New Hampshires for a late April delivery. Might just do 100 a month while available. By December 2021 I would certainly have some premo specimens. We still havent collected any eggs but think that will change in another month or so. I'm very pleased with Henry Knolls New Hampshires.

Back
Top Bottom