New Hatcher, and a question

Connorrm

Songster
9 Years
Apr 27, 2011
Capital District, NY
Hello All,

Been a LONG time since I've been on BYC! Anyway, I work for a small rural school. They have a tiny ag program. They wanted to hatch eggs, and they had a dismal 100% fail rate. They were only turning eggs once a day, didn't measure humidity - basically anything they could do wrong, they did.

So, I felt bad. I brought in my own turbofan/autoegg turner hovabator. I got 3 dozen eggs from a friend and started a new hatching. Day 21 is Wednesday. I've tried looking up the answers here but I didn't see it (it is likely there, just buried in one of the many articles).

So, here's some stats:

Started with 36 eggs, 7 infertile, 3 stopped developing. As of today (day 18) everyone looks good and I put the bator on "lock down". 99.5*/70% humidity. The only hiccup we had was the school went without power yesterday, but I moved the bator 1/2 mile away at a teacher's house, preemptively. So they only went without power for about 5 min.

Here's the question: What day do they actually pip? Is it day 21? Day 19? Does it vary? Wondering what to expect. I'm hoping SOME hatch. They are a blue laced buff brahma (a friend's side project).

Any help or points in the right direction would be great! Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom