1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New hedgies are home! *pics*

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by ChickenWisperer, Dec 30, 2011.

1. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Well... we've been through a lot of downs on our "farm". Our female failed to produce, and it's dragged on and on. However, I've refused to give up and we'll be getting two new beautiful baby girls on the 8th. Photos belong to Gail Dick.

I'm still not sure what we'll name them... I think we'll wait to see their personalities.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  2. GoldenSparrow

GoldenSparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    They are both so adorable! [​IMG]

3. ChickenWisperer

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Quote:They are, aren't they? I can't wait to see them for the first time and snuggle them. They'll be traveling inside my jacket all the way home! [​IMG]

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Beautiful [​IMG]

5. ChickenWisperer

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Quote:Thank you [​IMG]

6. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Aw, I love the white frosting on the second one's spines! How cute!

7. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    So cute! You all are making me want hedgehogs. They seem to have been developed a lot by breeders since I was a kid.

8. ChickenWisperer

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    So do I. This little girl will be the first heavier snowflake I've owned. It's like opening a present once snowflakes go through adult quilling. She could turn out to be mostly white or have more regular quills. So exciting!

I'm both too young and got into them too late to see the real developments, but if they were flying as fast as the colors are right now it is amazing. From the limited thing I've read, the long eared hedgehogs and tenrecs are also making strides.

9. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    There are....longeared hedgehogs and tenrecs available as pets?! WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED OF THIS? [​IMG]

10. ChickenWisperer

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Quote:Yep, sure are! [​IMG] I have yet to see any LE's on the "mainstream" market if you know what I mean, as there aren't very many of them. However I do know a tenrec breeder - Shelley down at Beach Bum Hedgehogs. However, I've heard they're still dealing with aggression issues with them. Though I'm sure if you asked Shelley she'd be honest about it. I do think they're sorta funny lookin' [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by