New here šŸ˜…

Nikita H

Chirping
Oct 21, 2021
SE Texas
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Kind of .. I started a couple years ago with 5 chicks from TSC that lived to be about 8 months old because my daughters dog ate them šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø We had just moved and didnā€™t have the coop/run completely put back together.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I now have 10 hens and 1 rooster that Iā€™ve gotten from local hatcheries.

(3) What breeds do you have? 2 Easter Eggers, 2 Buff Orpington, 2 Black Australorp and 4 Golden Comets. Rooster is Buff Orpington

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? I love their different personalities. And of course the eggs šŸ˜…

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Iā€™m a stay at home mom with no other hobbies tbhšŸ˜‚

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Iā€™m married to my loving husband with 3 daughters ranging from 3 to 13. We have 2 dogs, a cat, a gecko and several fish.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D I found BYC a couple years ago when I first started researching how to care for chickens. I finally joined so I could ask more specific questions relating to my situation (I just started exploring hatching) and hopefully share a little knowledge that Iā€™ve picked up.

1634859120323.png

Back
Top Bottom