New here and new to chicken raising

NatySu

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 19, 2014
Hello! My husband and I bought a house about a year ago here in Oregon. It keeps us busy and now more than ever since we've decided to not only raise chickens for eggs and possibly meat, but also are starting a large garden and green house. We want to try and be as self sufficient as possible with our food sources. It's been fun so far.
We have 7 chickens: 4 black sex links, 3...ugh brown ones? Forgot the names but they are so friendly and sweet:) looking forward to using this great resource and sharing our experience with chickens.

images

Welcome to BYC!

Yes, this is the place to be when you own poultry. Good luck with being self sufficient. There is no better way to live than being able to feed yourself with your own home grown goods. Good for you and good for the soul.

Make yourself at home here on BYC and welcome to our flock!

My husband and I bouvht 6 chicks one day and I found myself wanting more so we got 6 more plus we added 2 ducks. I noticed now that they are much bigger that some have nice tail feather but the others don't yet. Someone told me tha the tail feathers mean they are roosters. Is this true? If so I will have 4 or 5 roosters. We were keeping them in our garden tub in the guest bathroom but had to put them outside recently. They staarted flying out of the tub L O L I can't wait till they are fully grown. The colors ar so beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom