New Here and new to raising chickens!!

eggshack

Hatching
Jun 2, 2015
Just wanted to say hello and mention that I completely love this site and so happy to have found it! I have read and learned so much from here. I am new to raising chickens and look forward to learning more! I have 6-9 week olds. I have 2 Barred Rocks, 2 Silver Laced,1 black sex link, 1 White Rock. The ladies just got moved into their newly built coop over the weekend. We are so excited to have them!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community! Sounds like you have a lovely flock. I am sure they are enjoying their new coop.

Make yourself at home here and we do welcome you to our flock!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! That's a lovely mix of birds you there. Great to hear you have learned much already from BYC. Always more to learn though I have found, especially with all the fantastic articles here. I love learning new things and the articles here are great.

Wishing you the very best of luck with your flock in the future, I'm sure they are loving their coop.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. You have a nice mixed flock. Black Sex Links are my favorites as they are friendly and hardy, egg laying machines. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds and hybrids), and they have been my best layers, consistently churning out more than 300 eggs per hen per year. You should get loads of large, brown eggs from that girl. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Sounds like you have a lovely flock! I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying them! Chickens are SO fun to raise and keep! Good luck with them and feel free to ask questions.

Last edited:
Retrieved our first egg!! Although I can't tell who did it. They have 4 nice sized nesting boxes and who ever laid the egg did not use the nesting box, is this normal? First egg laid out side in run, and second egg in side on coop floor. Any thoughts on how I can get them to lay in box?

Back
Top Bottom