new here and ready to join in!

Welcome Brenda....great story , glad your here
big_smile.png

Welcome
smile.png
I am very sorry about your dad and I am glad you have wonderful beings to care for to keep you busy and feeling your dad's presence.

This is not at all akin to losing a parent but 12 years ago, I lost a cat that I loved very dearly, rather tragically and he suffered greatly. It's a terrible story - suffice to say I was heartbroken. A couple of days after he died I was outside trying to read for a class but I was succeeding only in crying and all I saw was the black and white from the book page all blurred together in a soupy illegible swirl. Suddenly the blurs were in technicolor and I rubbed my eyes free of some tears to see why and I found myself literally face to face with 2 spectacular roos, all bedecked in green and purple and chestnut colored feathers. They had appeared out of the blue there in my residential neighborhood of all places. That night they more or less hopped to the top of the 60 foot spruce tree beneath which I had buried my sweet cat Barrington. I had plenty of trees but they chose that one. (they would parasail out of the tree each morning - what a sight! And they were inseparable buddies - beautiful together). I knew nothing about chickens at the time (heck, I thought they were hens until they started crowing at 3 a.m. 3 weeks later!) but set about trying to figure out how to help them and what to feed them. I called everywhere to see if someone had lost chickens but no one had (or no one admitted they had!). Because of these birds I put one foot in front of the other so that they would be cared for -they got me through a terrible time. People aware of this situation told me with conviction that they believed these beautiful birds were sent by a greater power to help me - I'd like to believe it could be true.. Anyway, just this little story to tell you that your experience really resonated with me. Be well and again, welcome. JJ

Last edited:
Thanks for all the warm welcomes! JJ, I do believe that those birds were sent to help you heal, and also helps me believe all the more, that my birds were sent to me!

We still have 2 of the original 6 chickens only 2 were hens, the other 4 roos, and the roo we did keep attacked my little boy every time he was out side so we got rid of him, but he left us with 2 more hens and another roo, and as long as the roo is nice he can stay! we don't let my li'l guy near the birds without adult supervision, but we just can't keep a mean roo! I worry about other peoples children that tend to wonder over here when we are not home. even if the birds are in the pen, you just never know what a child will do! I worry to much,but love my home way to much to lose if someone got hurt by my birds and sued!
I still have Paddle and 2 original ducks!
Paddle only lets me pet him, he greets me every morning and lets me pat his head! I just love them!
Thanks everyone,
Brenda

Back
Top Bottom