New here and to hen raising…

I have 12 easter eggers and 3 frizzle Easter eggers. They are just chicks so in a tub in my home. They seem terrified every time I check on them for water, food, heat etc. I also placed an order for 4 faveroules. I cannot have roosters because I am in town but building my small homestead anyway. I am single with 3 dogs and 4 kittens. Looking forward to a few sheep and goats in the near future. Glad to be here!
Welcome to BYC!!

Good morning, and welcome to BYC.
Welcome to BYC.
Chicks are terrified of anything/anyone that swoops in from above.
This is the normal reaction of prey animals. Move slowly, feed and water at one end of the tub so they have room to 'get away from' you. When possible move them to a larger brooder where they can be approached from their level.

Welcome to the coop! I use the Forums and Articles tabs at the top of the page to do research. You can get lost for hours. It's nice to know you are minutes away from getting help with questions and emergencies!
My Fav is the only one who comes up to me to be held. Take them out in the grass and let them explore around you. feed them food out of your hand while your there with them. Little field trips in the grass are fun. they may start climbing on you.

Back
Top Bottom