New Here and very excited!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by NurseDitmyer, Sep 12, 2010.

1. NurseDitmyer

NurseDitmyer Out Of The Brooder

Sep 12, 2010
    Michigan
    Hello all! My husband and I are raising chickens for the first time. We have 7 birds. They are all 4 months old. We have 2 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Barred Rocks, 2 Americana's, and 1 Cornish Rock. We are raising them for eggs only, not for more chicks. We heard a crowing the other morning so it seems we have a rooster among us! We aren't sure which yet but we have our suspicions. I would like to post some pics and have some of you more experienced people tell me if I really have the above mentioned breeds and if anyone can tell which are hens and which are roosters. Thanks so much!

Dawn

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Your Ameraucana is actually an Easter Egger ("mutt") and most definitely a handsome rooster!

Edited to add...it is the white one with blue/green tail feathers I am referring to. The golden Easter Egger is a gorgeous female!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  3. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    I only see one roo, he is the top pic the EE in black and white. The rest look like very pretty girls.

4. Break an Egg

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Quote:I see 2 more EE's that aren't roos. The front one in the 3rd pic, and the light brown on in the 9th pic.

5. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Quote:I see 2 more EE's that aren't roos. The front one in the 3rd pic, and the light brown on in the 9th pic.

Whoops...I edited to specify which EE I was referring to, and didn't notice there were 2 golden EE's. Yes, both of which are girls. My bad.

6. Break an Egg

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    To the OP, you have 3 "Ameraucanas" or Easter Eggers. 1 male and 2 female it looks like.

7. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    Pretty pretty flock! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. V Comb

V Comb Chillin' With My Peeps

You may know this but Cornish Rocks dont live long and are poor layers [​IMG]

9. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Your Silver Easter Egger is the Roo ... [​IMG]
    Nice Looking Birds

10. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Pretty birds! [​IMG] [​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by