New here! Eggcited to learn new things!!

Hi there! I'm new here, sort of. For a couple of months, I'd go on to this awesome site and look around at the huge storage of knowledge and info. I finally decided, well, heck. Why peck around when I could join the flock? So here I am!
I've loved poultry for a long time (emphasize the word 'long' 😂). I have a mixed flock of 11 cluckers (5 of which are rescue mutts). They live with my 7 adorable quackens.
My breeds are: Easter Egger, Buff Orpington, Black Copper Maran, Black Cochin (aka Crazy Chicken; she's always underfoot, that lil stinker), and an Olive Egger. I suspect the mutts are Old English Game Hen/Leghorn crosses (or something of the sort).
The ducks are all Black Swedish, except for Mackie, who's a blue, Orzo and Fila, the two Welsh Harlequins, and Bigbeak (legit his name) a Khaki Campbell drake.
I am very fascinated with egg color. How breeding affects it, and how to control it. I fully intend on getting some more Marans, some Welsummers, Whiting True Blues, Ameraucanas, and Prairie Bluebells to start my own color-intensive flock.
I hope to learn more about birds (or anything else) through Backyard Chickens!
Thanks so much for reading!!
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom