New Here from Indy

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by autumnw, Mar 3, 2011.

1. autumnw

autumnw In the Brooder

Mar 3, 2011
    Indy
    Hi everyone! I'm new here and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm from Indiana and am trying to start keeping a few chickens in my urban backyard. I already have a big garden, fruit trees, and honeybees but my husband has been holding out on agreeing to chickens. I think I've about got him convinced so here I am [​IMG] I only have room for 3-4 and am leaning torward keeping Delawares if I can find some. I don't really want to order from a hatchery but would rather find some locally. Anyway, that's my story. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

2. InviteTanner

InviteTanner In the Brooder

Feb 8, 2011
    I'm new here too, and from up by Fort Wayne. I will be heading to TSC tomorrow to see their chicks and probably buying some, although I already have a few in my barn that I got from McMurray Hatchery. I don't know what it is about chickens, but I love to sit on a bale of hay in the barn and watch them!

3. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    [​IMG] from western Ohio-in the "Darke!"
    Check the "Where am I? Where are you?" section for the "Hoosier" thread. Someone on there may have what you are looking for.

4. MetalSmitten

MetalSmitten Songster

Apr 11, 2010
    bloomington, indiana
    hi! [​IMG] i'm near bloomington. don't have any delawares, but i know chick days are just starting up at most of the local feed stores, so keep your eyes open [​IMG]

5. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    [​IMG] fellow Hoosier! If you need any help you can PM me [​IMG] If any of my breeds interest you I can hatch! I'm an urban chicken farmer only around 10 minutes from downtown.

AC

6. D&S Farms

D&S Farms Songster

Mar 3, 2011
    phenix city, alabama
    hello form alabama

7. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

8. BobwhiteQuailLover

BobwhiteQuailLover Country Girl[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.

Sep 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from WI!

9. terrilhb

terrilhb Songster

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    [​IMG] from Ga

10. Chicken.Lytle

Chicken.Lytle Songster

Oct 19, 2010
    Montgomery County, TX
    Welcome to BYC! I started with chickens over the summer and the people of BYC have been great. Please visit my BYC Page for my blog links that you may find informative or amusing.

Beware of Delawares! They plot nefarious things. (But are otherwise good chickens)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: