New Here from Indy

autumnw

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 3, 2011
Indy
Hi everyone! I'm new here and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm from Indiana and am trying to start keeping a few chickens in my urban backyard. I already have a big garden, fruit trees, and honeybees but my husband has been holding out on agreeing to chickens. I think I've about got him convinced so here I am
big_smile.png
I only have room for 3-4 and am leaning torward keeping Delawares if I can find some. I don't really want to order from a hatchery but would rather find some locally. Anyway, that's my story. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

I'm new here too, and from up by Fort Wayne. I will be heading to TSC tomorrow to see their chicks and probably buying some, although I already have a few in my barn that I got from McMurray Hatchery. I don't know what it is about chickens, but I love to sit on a bale of hay in the barn and watch them!

welcome-byc.gif
from western Ohio-in the "Darke!"
Check the "Where am I? Where are you?" section for the "Hoosier" thread. Someone on there may have what you are looking for.

welcome-byc.gif
fellow Hoosier! If you need any help you can PM me
smile.png
If any of my breeds interest you I can hatch! I'm an urban chicken farmer only around 10 minutes from downtown.

AC

Welcome to BYC! I started with chickens over the summer and the people of BYC have been great. Please visit my BYC Page for my blog links that you may find informative or amusing.

Beware of Delawares! They plot nefarious things. (But are otherwise good chickens)

Back
Top Bottom