New here from Ma

Theresamass

In the Brooder
Jul 17, 2019
31AE2896-0B25-4DE7-8AAB-074512BCB952.jpeg 56A04275-BC5F-43AE-8C35-A895FC4A4060.jpeg EE893E19-3EF2-480A-B922-051B7F97BE09.jpeg 48F271B1-FB6F-4EF4-96B2-6B945E9735D0.jpeg Hello! I’ve had chickens for over 4 years and love to read this site for valuable advice! I finally joined so I could post regarding my disabled chicken. She is approx 10 week old and can’t walk like a typical chick. She was pecked by the others she was hatched with so I have her now and basically she is a house chicken. I’m trying to give her a good life and would love to connect with others who keep chickens in their house either full or part time. She likes to be held and loves her hand fed treats! Her name is Lefty. Looking forward to meeting some great chicken moms/dads!

Theresa

Hello Theresa and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here. Use the search function to link up with others that have house chickens.

This is a useful link to take a look at - “How to...” guides. You may wish to consider including your location under your avatar (using the guide in the link above). You can use this link to contact members in your area - U.S. States

Best wishes

Pork Pie

I was just thinking the same Dobie Lover, she is a cockerel (male). As to house chickens, there is a thread "People with house chickens." Yes, some people do keep them as house pets for one reason or another.

My friend Arline is probably the pioneer in that respect. She has had house chickens for over 30 years. Sometimes just one, sometimes 3 or more. Generally silkies or seramas.

PS Her name is really spelled "ARLINE," I kid you not!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom