New here from PA

CathyB

Songster
11 Years
Apr 6, 2008
PA
Hi everyone! I am so excited to be here. I do not have chickens yet but have been researching and preparing to get some within this month. We are either building a coop or redoing an old wooden shed that we have.

I think I have narrowed my choices down to Australorps and Rhode Island red pullets. Anyone from Pa have imput towards this?

I have a local feed store right down the street and am calling them Monday. If they do not have any I guess I will order by mail. If any PA'er here from the Lehigh Valley/ Allentown area have any babies to give away or sell let me know. I would rather do local and pick them up than have them shipped!

Looking foreward to learning a lot here and making new friends!

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC, Cathy!
smile.png

Welcome Cathy glad to met you. Dont be shy to ever ask anyone for help. They are all nice and only want to help you out.

Thanks everyone! It has been fun trying to find where to get my chicks! Can't wait to get them!

Another one from PA, Great!, I was born and raised in Huntingdon, PA. If I were closer I would help get you started. Good luck and have fun.........ed.......Portland, IN........

Thanks Ed!

I am going to call my feed store today. Also I might order from Hoffman Hatchery. Anyone ever order from there? Or maybe My Pet Chicken............If I am ordering I am waiting until Friday. Payday!!! If the feed store since there would be no shipping and stuff it might be sooner!

Welcome! I have a house in Coopersburg, (just south of Allentown).
Good luck with your new chicks. Are you getting roos or only hens?

Back
Top Bottom